Catalysts work directly with excluded Youth, putting their skills to use in the field. Discover the list of possible missions!
Catalysts live and work in LP4Y centers in Asia, the Middle East, Europe and the US, working directly with the Youth.
They sign a volunteer contract for 1, 2, 3 years, or more. LP4Y has no salaried workers.
Catalysts are international professionals from different backgrounds united in their desire to use their skills and gain fulfilling professional experience.
They are provided with accommodation and receive a monthly allowance as well as reimbursement of their mission expenses. (contracts such as VSI / International Solidarity Volunteers – SVE / European Voluntary Service – Civic Service or internship contracts)
We are looking for candidates with professional business experience, who are passionate about development, entrepreneurship, are open, dynamic, and seeking opportunities to develop their character and skills in an intercultural environment. Fluent English is required.
DISCOVER OUR MISSIONS!
BECOME A COACH
Following training in LP4Y pedagogy and other tools, coaches are responsible for supporting a team of 17 Young Adults and 2 to 6 LP4Y graduates, developing skills in the following areas:
Organization and management
Pedagogy and support for Young Adults (training and cross-sector management)
Development of a micro-economic activity (social entrepreneurship)
Development of partnerships (communication and strategy).
BECOME A PROJECT LEADER
MANAGEMENT, ORGANIZATION & FINANCE
The Project Leader Management, Organization & Finance is:
● Responsible for the institutional development of LP4Y projects across his/her affected zone (SEA or SA) following the fixed plan with the Asia Coordinator,
● The one in charge of the visas of the volunteers on the field (issuance, renewal, etc.).
● The coordinator of LP4Y administration and management across his/her assigned zone (SA or SEA) in
collaboration with accounting firms and lawyers under contract with LP4Y. He/she coordinates the eventual
consultants selected for certification projects,
● He/she ensures the alignment of all the centers according to fixed plans of progress regarding his/her area of
expertise (safety/security, organization of the centers, cash management) ,
● He/she organizes the management flux according to the budget voted between the different entities of the LP4Y
alliance. He/she gathers and coordinates the project reporting.
● He/She is in charge of the validation of the monthly budget of all the programs of his/her zone. He/she ensures the
alignment of the planned budget with the real expenses of the different projects.
● He/she trains and advises the coordo, the coaches and the Youth in management and organization. He/She
gives punctual help to the catalyst team or to the youths regarding the use of the different cash management’s
● He/she organizes, designs courses and trainings. He/she trains the Young adults in the LPCs on his expertise.
● He/she supports the Country Coordinator and the HR team regarding the management of the local contracts of
● In team with the Asia Coordinator and the Country Coordinators, the Project Leader Organization &
Management is one of the 4 Project Leader who accompanies and supports the Coaches of programs on the
first of their four missions: Organization & Management
BECOME A PROJECT LEADER
The Project Leader Partnership Development is responsible for deploying the global strategic partnership development plan in the zone he is responsible for.
● The PL PD supports catalysts, coaches & supports, in taking into account their own projects of development of
partnerships but also in their inclusion in a broader plan at the level of the city or the country where they are.
● The PL PD in coordination with the communication team, builds solid partnerships, develops and updates the tools
to enroll them in the long term and allows them to widen the field of jobs possible for the Youth. If necessary, the PL
PD helps to orient the Youth towards identified opportunities.
● The PL PD ensures the empowerment of volunteers in building partnerships, and their good knowledge of the LP4Y
tools existing on the LP4Y extranet.
● The PL PD, in collaboration with the project leader Stars’ Club development, the country Coordinators and the
event assistant, is the pilot of projects such as YIN, job forums, etc.
BECOME A PROJECT LEADER
PEDAGOGICAL DEVELOPMENT & COACHING
Since the opening of the first pilot centers in 2009, the LP4Y teams have consolidated their experiences with teaching tools that can be shared by everyone and gathered on the LP4Y extranet. The mission of the LP4Y Pedagogical Development Leader is to provide Coordinators and Coaches with all the educational support they need.
The LP4Y Pedagogical Development Leader consolidates information, promotes best practices and facilitates the development of new teaching materials according to the needs expressed in the different centers.
In order to fulfill its mission as close as possible to the Youth, the LP4Y pedagogy development leader is himself/herself a trainer, he/she intervenes in the various centers following the request of the country coordinators, coaches or the Asia coordinator.
The LP4Y Pedagogical Development Leader will be at the forefront of the development of the Life Project Plan, an essential educational approach for the integration of the Youth.
This mission is divided halfway into training in the centers, half in design, coordination, production of educational materials for the Youth directly and / or for coordinators and coaches.
He/she will ensure the development of pedagogy in LP4Y, create supports and imagine new and more effective forms of trainings.
He/she will work on the volunteer seminar content and animate the seminars with a team or project leaders and coordinators
JOIN THE COMMUNICATION TEAM
As a part of the Communication team, you will be responsible for ensuring that the image of LP4Y is positive and coherent all around the world. You will also be in charge of raising the funds. Concrete missions are:
Fundraising prospection and search for LP4Y ambassadors
Drafting of project proposals
Project management (mid-term and final reports, contact with partners)
Development of financial and non-financial partnerships
Community management (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, Youtube)
Preparation of external communication tools (newsletter, leaflets, presentations)
Management of internal communication tools
Graphic design, video making
Support to coaches with communication tools of the programs and centers
Coordination of communication and fundraising issues with all LP4Y organizations in 13 countries where LP4Y is present
FEEDBACK 'Marqués à vie'
CONFIRM MISSION AND ASSIGNMENT
Pre-selection to confirm the mission : 6 weeks to 8 weeks